Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bam-Bam Mo + RockBand

Kyra and Sophia slept in the den in sleeping bags last night. I hated to do it, but had to wake them up at 8:30 a.m. We needed to leave by 8:55 so I could take Sophia home and then get Kyra to horse riding lessons. They were good about getting up and moving. I prepared bagels and drinks for the drive as they were getting dressed. Then at 8:50 a.m., I got a text message saying riding lessons were cancelled. It had been raining all night and was still sprinkling this morning. The girls were glad to hear that they could slow down and have some more fun.

Sophia left around 10 a.m. and shortly afterwards we went shopping. We first went to Pet's Mart to buy a new collar for Tasha since Riley destroyed hers yesterday. While we were there, we looked at fish. There was a really cool aquarium set up with sand to form a beach and it contained crabs. It was so cool! Kyra really wanted to get crabs. She reminded me that we do have an aquarium, and I then reminded her that we don't really have a good space to put it in at the moment. I told her if we could clean some junk out of the house, then we'd do it. Next we saw a cute little Betta fish cube aquarium. She let me know that we do have space for that, either on the computer desk, the kitchen countertop, the mantle, etc. I'm such a sucker. The set-up on the box of this aquarium cube showed gravel at the bottom and live plants inside. This just looked so peaceful! It wasn't very expensive and I thought it would improve the atmosphere of the computer desk, so I agreed to get it. We bought a stalk of bamboo, mondo grass, gravel, and a beautiful blue male Betta fish. While driving to our next destination we tossed different names back and forth and settled on Bam-Bam (after Bam-Bam Rubble of the Flintstones, since we have "stones" for the bottom of the aquarium). Then Kyra decided his middle name should be Mo.
While we were in Pet's Mart, although I was only holding a few light items, my left arm became very weak and I had to get Kyra to help hold items. Something's wrong with me. In the check-out line I started feeling really weak and low energy.
So we made a change of plans and went to Mah Jong for lunch next. Then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond so I could buy wire mesh sink strainers for Laura. Our last stop was Best Buy to purchase a new TV remote control and possibly a wii game. We've had two games in mind, but they've been sold out each time we've been in the store. But today was our lucky day; they had one RockBand 2 set in stock, and we found a cool universal remote control for the TV/cable box/DVD player.
My energy level came back up a little after lunch, but my left arm was still very weak throughout the afternoon. I wanted to run on the treadmill later in the day. I changed clothes, went downstairs, turned the treadmill on and just stood there. I didn't have the energy to move. I don't know what's wrong. So I went back up stairs, sat on the couch, and played RockBand with Kyra.
After dinner, Kyra and I played RockBand for hours. She's very good! I don't have enough coordination for the drums, so I mostly played the guitar on the easy level, or sung when she wanted to play the guitar. I tried the drums on a few songs, but did poorly. Maybe with months and months and months of practice I'll get better. We had so much fun playing tonight!

No comments: